Academy Member Inducted 2023
Recognized to British Columbia Chapter for:
Regularly travels out of province to: British Columbia
Online / In-Person
With over 25 years of experience, Rose brings sound judgment and a well-rounded perspective to her broad practice. The guiding principle for Rose is finding the right legal solution for her clients and in doing so nothing is more important than being respectful, compassionate and responsive.
Her general civil litigation practice has provided her with extensive experience in plaintiff’s personal injury matters, workplace law matters and general civil litigation. Her general civil litigation practice has exposed her to a broad spectrum of matters including defamation, misappropriation, contractual breaches and sales of businesses.
Rose’s introduction to workplace law was through her personal injury practice in which many of her personal injury clients experienced problems in their employment situations. As she became more involved in providing advice in this area she realized how important this work was and made a conscious effort to build that side of her practice. She now has extensive experience advising both employers and employees on employment related matters including wrongful dismissal, constructive dismissal and human rights. Her practice has included work place investigations and development of comprehensive work place policies including creation and implementation of bullying and harassment policies and procedures.
Rose’s experience in personal injury litigation has been broad and has included representing clients in motor vehicle accidents, occupiers’ liability cases and a significant portion of her practice is devoted to representing clients in sexual abuse cases, either as plaintiff or as defendants. Rose’s involvement in sexual abuse cases began with representation of survivors of Indian Residential Schools and has continued with representation of clients either in an institutional or non-institutional setting.
During her 25 years of practice she has been involved in insurance law and has represented clients in a broad variety of cases including social host liability, property damage, occupiers’ liability and professional liability.
Throughout her years of practice, Rose has been very involved in mediations as counsel. That experience showed her the pivotal role that a mediator can play in the success of a mediation and the experience of clients in the mediation process. Her practice has provided her with the opportunity to serve a broad variety of clients and her strength lies in her ability to relate to clients with diverse backgrounds.
Rose is now a Roster member with Mediate BC and has an active and thriving mediation practice. She was an early adopter of virtual mediation and is very familiar with the technology and the process.
- Business Dissolution
- Contract Disputes
- Personal Injury
- Workplace Rights
- Justice Institute of BC, Separate Meetings – Pre-mediation and Caucusing, 2018
- Justice Institute of BC, The Art of Reframing, 2018
- Continuing Legal Education of BC, Med-Arb Training for the DR Professional, 2018
- Continuing Legal Education of BC, Advanced Skills for Non-Family Mediators, 2017
- Justice Institute of BC, Foundations of Collaborative Conflict Resolution, 2017
- Continuing Legal Education of BC, Fundamentals of Mediation, 2016
- University of Saskatchewan, J.D., 1992
- University of Saskatchewan, B.A., 1989
Memberships & Affiliations
- ADR Institute of British Columbia, Member
- American Association of Justice, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Canadian Bar Association Alternate Dispute Resolution Section, Executive Member
- Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch Subsections, Member:
- Civil Litigation
- Aboriginal Law
- Employment Law
- Insurance Law
- Canadian Bar Association Government Relations Committee, Member
- Chartered Professionals in Human Resources, Member
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Mediate BC, Roster Member
- Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia, Member