Academy Member Inducted 2020Map & Directions
Recognized to British Columbia Chapter for:
Civil/Commercial Mediation & Arbitration
Other ADR Services: Insurance Umpire, Med-Arb, Neutral Evaluation
- Practice Commenced: 1998
- Total Mediations (as of Feb 2023): 2600
- Total Arbitrations (as of Feb 2023): 5
Bryce has been practicing law since 1985 and, has, since 1997, focused on dispute resolution. Mediating an average of 12 to 15 commercial disputes per month in all different areas of conflict has made him comfortable with conducting any type of mediation. He has been involved in disputes ranging from the bodily injury cases to doctor/patient, wills variation, workplace disagreements in the fire department, sale of enterprises gone bad, denial of disability coverage, real estate transactions and family matters.
Though he resides in th Vancouver area, Bryce constantly travels to mediate wherever required.
Trained in England, Bryce obtained his LLB (Honours) from the University of London and was a barrister and member of the Lincoln's Inn in London before returning to Canada to establish his firm MacDonald Boyle & Jeffery in 1985. He obtained his Advanced Mediation Certificate in 1996 and his Family Law Mediation Certificate in 2002. He is also certified as an International Arbitrator by the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators in London (1996). He is a director of the Commercial Mediation Association and a member of the B.C. Mediator Roster (Civil).
Bryce has a perspective on mediation which applies the principles of neutral facilitation in a hands on way to the commercial and civil dispute context.
Lecturing on mediation through the CLE, the Trial Lawyer's Association and private seminars has been a standard part of his practice. He has been published in England with material on voluntary versus mandatory mediation and he has published a manual on commercial mediation in 2009: "Commercial Mediation, a Passionate Practice"
- Business Dissolution
- Contract Disputes
- Disability Claims
- Elder Abuse
- Estates & Trusts
- Legal Malpractice
- Libel & Slander
- Mortgage Foreclosure
- Personal Injury
- Professional Fees
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Property Damage
- Title Disputes
- Unfair Competition
- Wrongful Death
- Wrongful Dismissal
- Bachelor of Arts University of British Columbia - 1977
- LL.B. (Honours) University of London (Queen Mary College) London England - 1983
- Barrister England and Wales, Lincoln’s Inn - 1984
- Barrister & Solicitor Law Society of British Columbia - 1985
- Mediation Continuing Legal Education Society of British
- Advanced Mediation Certificate - 1996
- Family Law Mediation Certificate - 2002
- Arbitration International Arbitration Certificate - 1996 (Chartered Institute of Arbitrators London)
- Arbitration Certificate ADRIC and Royal Roads University 2019
Memberships & Affiliations
- Lincoln’s Inn, London, England
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Commercial Mediation Association-charter member and director
- Chair of General Practitioners’ B.C. Subsection of The Canadian Bar Association, 1997-2000.
- Past Chair of the Downtown Langley Merchants Association
- Charter member of Cansolve Mediations, a group of four senior B.C. mediators
- Director Semiahmoo Marina – Blaine, Washington
- BC Committee Member-Canadian Academy of Distinguished Neutrals
$400.00 per hour plus travel expenses if over 100 kilometres